If you want to run vCenter Server Appliance from vSphere 6 in VMware Workstation than the standard guided installation process won’t work. In this post we will be covering the process of deploying VCSA in VMware Workstation.
Process for deploying VCSA 6.0 in VMware Workstation
- Post download, Extract the ISO Content.
- Add the .ova extension to vcsa/vmware-vcsa file.
- Open vmware-vcsa.ova with VMware Workstation. Don’t power-on the VCSA Appliance once deployed.
- Open the VMX file for deployed VCSA appliance and add the below line at the end of the file. Modify the IP Address as per your network.
guestinfo.cis.appliance.net.addr.family = “ipv4”
guestinfo.cis.appliance.net.mode = “static”
guestinfo.cis.appliance.net.addr = “192.168.121.250”
guestinfo.cis.appliance.net.prefix = “24”
guestinfo.cis.appliance.net.gateway = “192.168.121.100”
guestinfo.cis.appliance.net.dns.servers = “192.168.121.100”
guestinfo.cis.vmdir.password = “vmware”
guestinfo.cis.appliance.root.passwd = “vmware”
- Save the file and power on the Virtual Machine. The VCSA will now be automatically deployed with a very basic configuration.
I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for reading !!!. Be social and share it in social media, if you feel worth sharing it.